I’ve missed blogging! I keep adding blog ideas to Evernote, but haven’t had the time to sit down and blog about anything. That changes now. I have lots of posts that are in process or scheduled for the next few weeks, so stay tuned!
But what have I been doing while I haven’t been blogging? Here are a few highlights and hopefully interesting links until my next post:
- I presented to my CALLI cohort about tough conversations and how to have them. I worked on a team with two wonderful women and I thought our presentation was awesome. I will be sharing more about the presentation and what I learned in an upcoming post!
- I presented on toddler storytime at the CLEL Conference. CLEL is an organization I’m so lucky to be involved with. Being on the Steering Committee has been so full of learning and fun–I’m sad that my tenure is almost over! The conference was amazing. If you’re ever able to get to Colorado in September for professional development I highly, HIGHLY recommend it.
- Inspired by Abby the Librarian’s excellent post, my department has been getting into local schools and giving booktalks to 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. Coming soon: how we did it, how it’s been going (spoiler alert: AWESOME), and books I’ve booktalked.
- Reading lots of awesome books. Look for more This Book is My Jam segments coming soon.
- We had so many awesome summer reading programs! While it’s a bit late, I’m planning on blogging about a few of them very soon.
- Preparing for my last CALLI session. I’m so sad about this, but happy at the same time. It’s really been a phenomenal year, full of growth. I’ve learned a lot about myself, about my leadership style, and I feel like it’s had a deep impact on me. It’s been so fun getting to know all of the amazing people in my CALLI cohort, and I’m sad I won’t get the excuse to see them as often. Look for more posts with wrap-ups of my time on CALLI coming soon.
So that’s a little taste of what I’ve been up to. Busy, excited about libraries, and working on cool stuff. I’ll be sharing about all of it very soon!